27 5 / 2013
A lot of time has passed since my last post here. In the past 7 months, I’ve found a very good job, met a lot of interesting people, had a birthday and went to Berwick-Upon-Tweed for a short railway trip.
Lots of things changed, but others didn’t, and I’m now again at the stage where I’m looking for a new exciting work-related opportunity.
Yes, I’m looking for a new job, ideally based in Edinburgh. For those of you who don’t know me, here’s my current LinkedIn profile - it shows my experience to date in a more detailed manner. In general - I want to work in an inspiring environment, managing social media profiles, building and maintaining communication strategies, applying my design skills and implementing all my creative ideas on a day to day basis. I’m also keen to apply all my academic knowledge on media relations, PR and journalism. I can write, create, design, code, help, interact, suggest new ideas and make good projects reality.
If you want to know more about me, please do write me a message.
I’ll be happy to hear from you, wether you have a big company or a small-sized project. Until then… I’ll keep on posting links to my old work here.
26 12 / 2012
It is this time of the year again - to look back at the past 12 months and to reflect on everything that happened. It is easier to put my memories in a list, isn’t it?
- the first five months of 2012 were horrendous - no money, no hope for work, no fun, no going out, nothing cheerful
- after that, a very nice (and very WET!) Scottish summer - more time for nice things and some money to spend
- between May and August - my greatest effort of the year - my MA dissertation which has taken me ages to complete. It is the first time when I didn’t waste a lot of time and everything was ready before the final deadline.
- from September - my search for new job and new opportunities
- October - my graduation and my parents here with us for the official ceremony. I can still remember the excitement.
- November - until now - my new great job and the chance to meet new people, make friends, build connections and learn a lot. I hope that the good things are still to come.
All in all - a very hard but very successful year. The year of some personal difficulties and professional achievements. 2012 has made me bullet proof (or at least I want to see it that way) - let’s see how I get on with the lucky 2013!
Happy New Year to you all!
29 10 / 2012
19 8 / 2012
My struggle with the dissertation is finally over. I handed in last week and I am now awaiting for my final mark. It is a very odd feeling - when you have dedicated so much time to one project, it is so hard to go back to the ‘normal’ life. I hope the whole thing was worth it.
25 7 / 2012
I have two weeks to become ready with my first full draft of the dissertation. The weeks and months have passed so fast and now I am finally on the last phase. I’m not so worried any more - when I have a real deadline and I am under pressure, I work better. 5000 words to the final, it is not too much, is it?!